BADIL Resource Centre for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights
Job Title: Legal Research Officer (Full Time)
Location: Bethlehem, Palestine.
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/personal statement in English, a sample of applicant’s research and 2 references. Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by BADIL.
Goals of the position:
The Legal Research Officer contributes to implement BADIL's research program, including compilation and analysis of field data, legal and political resources, as well as drafting of articles, briefs and studies that support BADIL’s advocacy and campaigns. S/He works within the Research and Production Unit within BADIL.
• Lead, coordinate and conduct research and writing for BADIL legal studies, fact sheets and briefs, including the bi-annual Survey of Palestinian Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons, and the Forcible Population Transfer Series and legal submissions, statements and position papers;
• Ensure professional review and English editing of BADIL publications;
• Serving as resource person for BADIL, in particular being responsible for responding to written information requests made to BADIL, as well as international outreach and campaigns, mainly through preparation of articles for BADIL's magazines, press releases and presentations;
• Provide professional assistance to legal advocacy and campaigning, through the production of periodical publications and shadow reports to duty bearers and UN bodies.
• Masters degree in Legal studies, preferably in International law - human rights;
• At least three years experience in conducting and editing legal research and/ or working in relevant field;
• Fluent spoken and written English and skilled in editing;
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Palestine struggle, in particular the refugee question.
*Preference will be given to candidates that: are residents of Bethlehem district; Arabic natives and female candidates.