BADIL Resource Centre for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights
Job Title: Media and Advocacy Officer (Full Time)
Location: Bethlehem, Palestine.
Application must include: CV/Resume, Letter of interest/personal statement in English, a sample of applicant’s research and 2 references. Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by BADIL.
Goals of the position:
The Media and Advocacy Officer implements and develops BADIL’s outreach and alliance building by providing information tools and services to local and international audiences, partners and target groups. S/he works within BADIL's International and Legal Advocacy Unit.
• Production and promotion of BADIL's English advocacy tools, including statements, factsheets, position papers, press releases, training materials, power point presentations, brochures, and briefs;
• Produce and promote BADIL’s English magazine (al-Majdal) and contribute to Haq Al-Awda newspaper including drafting of editorial outlines, coordination with authors, writing, translating and editing;
• Promote BADIL resources through media and social media outreach, and participate in local and international events;
• Coordinate and implement activities for BADIL's Ongoing Nakba Education including briefings, workshops and guided tours for visitors;
• Coordinate with media outlets (TV, radio and television networks, alternative online outlets) for the coverage and promotion of BADIL’s activities, campaigns, and publications;
• Monitor, document and report on progress and results derived from activities.
• Minimum BA in media, international relations, or public international law (humanitarian and human rights law);
• At least two years of practical experience with similar work;
• Sound knowledge and understanding of history and politics of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and relevant international law;
• Familiarity with relevant organizations, international coalitions, networks, media and information outlets and other international agencies and bodies operating in Palestine and abroad;
• Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English (preferably also in Arabic)
*Preference will be given to candidates that: are residents of Bethlehem district; Arabic natives and female candidates.