BADIL Resource Centre for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights
Call for Applicants
Job location: Bethlehem, occupied West Bank
Job scope: Full-time
Available by: 1 April 2010
BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights promotes rights- based protection and solutions to the forcible displacement of Palestinians through capacity building; outreach, support and alliance building; research, moblization and intervention with policy makers. BADIL was established in 1998; its offices are located in Bethlehem, Palestine. The Communication Officer implements and develops BADIL outreach and alliance building by providing information tools and services to local and international audiences, partners and target groups. S/he works as part of the teams of BADIL's Resource and Campaign Unit.
• Production of BADIL's English-language quarterly al-Majdal magazine and other information and advoacy tools, including drafting of editorial plans, coordination with authors, writing, translating and editing.
• Udpate and development of the BADIL website
• Promotion of BADIL information through electronic information dissemination, media outreach and participation in local and international events
• Cooridination and implementation of activities of BADIL's Ongoing Nakba Education including briefings, workshops and guided tours for visitors
• Monitoring, documentation and reporting of progress and results derived from activitities
• Development of existing and new means for creative and professional information outreach
Eligible candidates must have a documented track record of skills and experience in the above fields, inlcuding:
Minimum B.A. in social sciences or public internatinoal law (humanitarian and human rights law)
At least 2 years of practical experience with similar work
Sound knowledge and understanding of history and politics of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and relevant international law
Familiarity with relevant organizations, media and information outlets operating in Palestine and abroad
Excellent research and writing skills in English (preferably also working knowledge in Arabic)
Excellent web-management and computer-based research and networking skills
Team-work skills; commitment; readiness and ability to work under pressure
Readiness to live in the Bethlehem district
APPLICATIONS must include
Preference will be given to Palestinian/female applicants pending equal qualifications and skills. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by BADIL.