BADIL Releases New Information Packet on Palestinian Refugees

BADIL Releases New Information Packet on Palestinian Refugees

For Immediate Release

No. (E/12/05) 11 April 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They forced me out twice before and they have threatened me with my home's destruction and demanded that I leave it saying that the house is near the Wall and perhaps on the Wall's path. Is it not enough the 1948 Nakba and the 1967 Nakba, and now a new Nakba with the Wall?

These are the words of just one Palestinian affected by the separation (apartheid) Wall being constructed in the West Bank. For 70-year-old Muhammad Lahrub, this is the third time he has been displaced since 1948. It is this ongoing nature of displacement and dispossession that makes the Palestinian case unique.

Today Palestinian refugees are the largest single group of refugees in the world. One in three refugees is Palestinian. Unlike other refugees who are given a choice about their future, Palestinians are still prevented from returning to their homes of origin. Many still live in refugee camps throughout the Middle East.

BADIL's new campaign packet provides basic information on Palestinian refugees: how displacement began, the international framework for finding durable solutions for refugees, how refugees see their future, the popular campaign for a rights-based approach to the Palestinian refugee issue, and suggestions for individuals and solidarity groups for education and awareness-raising.

The packet includes a brochure about Palestinian refugees, a contact list of Palestinian refugee initiatives, postcard and poster.

-------------------------

To order packets, contact: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cost covers shipping.